Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Shabby, Chic, & Chevron!

It's time for a big TA-DA!  The first pieces of furniture I've redone are officially up for sale. :-)
This would be the desk and I chair I purchased separately at a thrift store.


I'm so pleased with the way they turned out.  And I am just hoping and praying for the right buyer to come along and love them as much as I do!

 I did my first distressing job on these.  I went with a pretty light hand.  I don't like things to look too beat up.
 Speaking of distressing, I do believe it is the perfect way for my kids to help on these kinds of projects.  I mean, spray paint? No way.  Hand painting chevron lines?  Probably not.  But distressing furniture??  Now there's something my kids are really good at!  Woo hoo!!  ;-)
 The desk came with the original hardware all attached, which rocked.  So I gave that a coat of black lacquer.
 I lined the drawers with some scrapbook paper that had some cool, inspirational quotes on it.   Just a little pick-me-up when you open the drawers.



 Aren't these legs gorgeous?

I'm so proud of this set!  The cost of buying the pieces and the paint to cover them TOTALED about $30 but it did take quite a bit of time to hand paint and distress everything and there is a nice coat of Polycrylic for durability.   So, there you have it.
In case you missed it, here's the before:











Thrift store pieces with a thoughtful facelift.  :-)

Anne Linking up here: The Shabby Nest Today's Creative Blog

2 comments: