Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I have a bunch of things in the hopper today...
My Dad has a coat of paint on both the hallway bench we're working on, and the "new" hardware for it.  Last Friday, I went back to Building Value and found the perfect, and I mean PERFECT, set of 4 used hooks to add to the piece, as well as a mirror, and 2 pulls for the cabinet doors.  All of it was $10!!!

Dad is giving the hardware all a fresh coat of black paint.  And the bench itself will be white.



I hit the sale at Joann Fabrics yesterday to get the correct size piece of foam, and found some clearance fabric, as well as the white piping, to make a cushion for this piece.  Yea!!  Cannot WAIT to see it come together.

Today, while the cushion fabric is going through the washer/dryer, I'm tackling a few things that have been on my to-do list for a long time.

The $5 desk I painted


needed the hardware primed and painted,



and a lamp I bought for Reese's room for $4 at another resale place also desperately needed a coat of paint. (I kept thinking of bad 80's beach rentals every time I looked at it...)



So those just got their first shot of primer.



AND at Joann yesterday I also found the perfect pieces of scrapbook paper to line the desk drawers with. They were old and had been scrawled all over inside, and needed a makeover.


I'll post pics of the the drawers when they're done.

Here's what I'm thinking on today:
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I've ended up where I needed to be."
~ Douglas Adams

Hope everyone is having a great spring day!

XO,
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment