Saturday, November 9, 2013

Happy November! Here's What to Buy On Craigslist This Week

Hi friends!

I have been a busy bee, painting a huge three piece entertainment center with bookshelves, gathering supplies to make a custom hall bench cushion, and I'm about to put nailhead trim on a cool chest of drawers for a client.  Fun times!

Let's get to the good stuff out there just waiting for a new lease on life.

1. It is the season of family gatherings coming up…kitchens smelling like turkey and trimmings…Black Friday…and you may not have known this, but it is also the season of lets-get-a-new-dining-room-set-quick-before-everyone-comes-over!

Behold exhibit A.

Exhibit B.

Exhibit C.

And I could go on. Be forewarned…there are approximately 2.6 million dining room sets listed right now so if you decide to look through them in search of the perfect one, pack a sandwich.
And the three I listed here are UNDER $100 for the set - chairs included. It's almost laughable. Why anyone would buy a brand new dining table and chairs (unless you really can't find a size or style you like) is just beyond me.

2. This gorgeous cane chair. listed for $75  Drool…

I kind of don't even mind the upholstery, although you'd have to check it out in person. A coat of paint on all that gorgeous wood and cane and BAM you have this:

And there's a surprise on the back.
This woman did a similar surprise shot of color on the back, too.
LOVE it.

3. This settee is so charming and classic. I love a settee. For some reason it sounds so much more exotic than a loveseat.

They're only asking $40! And there's even better news if you go and read the listing because the seller has TWO matching pieces.

A pair of settees facing each other makes for a fantastic living room if you ask me (granted these are much fancier than the one for sale, but you get the idea.)

I love that they have a smaller footprint than a couch.  Lots of options.

4. Someone PLEASE buy this vanity and ask me to paint it. Because wow, is it ever a stunner.
Can you imagine this in a little girl's room? To die for!! You can't walk into Pottery Barn Kids and find this, my friends. In my humble opinion, things like this take a room from good to truly unique and memorable. PS - Look at that headboard in the mirror….  :-)

5. This Queen sleigh bed for $60.

I love it in a gray as seen here

or in bright pink for a girls room.

That's it for the week.
Let me know if you score any great finds. And as always, if you shop Craigslist be careful and smart!!

XO,
Anne








No comments:

Post a Comment