You know I love Craigslist, probably more than the average bear. It is a treasure trove of things just waiting to be reinvented, or used again. As always remember that safety is the most important thing when shopping Craigslist!! Be smart and safe and always take someone with you if you are picking an item up, and make sure someone knows where you are going and who you are expecting to meet. That said, I don't know any of the people selling these items. I haven't seen any of them in person. So if you want to buy one of these things, just know I can't personally vouch for them. But I would buy each of them myself if I could. :-)
1. It's not furniture. But it's adorable and vintage and would look fantastic sitting on a table in a hallway somewhere. Add a vase of flowers. Be tempted to start that novel you've been meaning to write (this thing still works!) Hint: if you're not the novel-penning type, get a cool piece of card stock. Type out a page full of "Happy Birthday from the Smiths," cut them up, tie them on to gifts and look COOL.
2. Run. Do not walk. And someone please go buy this chair. Why, you ask?
Because you paint it a gorgeous creamy white, and join the ranks of happy people everywhere who have cheated the Pottery Barn Gods by stealing a look of theirs FOR $300 LESS.
3. Fuzzy picture. Clear winner. This coffee table has loads of character, storage, and leaves you can pull up for more space with guests or with the kids to play a board game.
Paint it and show off all the great detail (like this one that looks like it sold for $225 on Etsy although the link is broken.)
4. Find a cozy corner of your home, fill it with books, a blanket, and this chair.
But first, give it a fresh blue and red color scheme. Gorgeous, right?
5. Ok this last one requires a little imagination. But it would be a conversation piece for sure!
Pick up this unique side table.
Paint the body of it white like this one.
Then paint the faux book spines a soft beige, or mod podge some burlap onto them. Grab a stencil and some white paint. Stay with me.
You would hopefully end up with a look like this on the spines:
Would that not be cool?!
I hope you can see that in your head as I can.
Now get out there and make something awesome!!