Monday, January 6, 2014

What I'd Buy on Craigslist this Week - First edition in 2014


Happy New Year!!

I hope you have been savoring winter break as we have - with lots of family, friends, food, church, naps, football, and presents. Not necessarily in that order. :-)

There are some cool finds this week…here we go! (If you are visiting for the first time, I live near Cincinnati, Ohio, so these items are all local to me.)

1. Vintage white cabinet listed for $250.

I know that's more than I usually spend on Craigslist items, but I like this one for its size, its condition, and its flexibility. Here's why.
First, its size - dimensions are 70 " tall, 30 " wide, 12" deep. You can fit a lot of stuff in that.
Second, its condition looks good - not perfect - but not like it would need a complete overhaul before you could put it in your house.
And third its flexibility. I love this for a kitchen or bath, as the listing suggests, but I think you could also store extra linens, books, or household supplies in it.
Here are a few pics to get your juices flowing.
source






I'm not sure, but this may be an old medical cabinet, and my Uncle Dan & Aunt Pat (who are walking encyclopedias of furniture knowledge and have a booth here in Lexington, KY) just told me that medical items are hot right now. 
(READ: I think this could easily sell for more than it's listed.) 
I can't tell whether it's metal or wood, but if I had room for it, I'd buy it.

2. "Old school" desk chairs or office chairs. I love 'em. Metal, wood, doesn't matter… they are just SO superior to those newfangled things they make now. (wink) So, that said, go scoop these up. 

Cosco Propeller Chair $35

Vintage wood chair




Think about how cool they'd look in a boy's room!





3. How cute is this old toy piano

It looks beautiful and would make an adorable addition to a nursery or playroom. 
The two like it on Etsy are more expensive than this one. They are asking $45. Go for it!

4. OK this item has been on Craigslist for a while now. In my mind's eye there is a boy (what is it with boys rooms in this post?) who has an awesome vintage-y train room. 
Maybe like… this one.  
(Because HELLO it has a train track running around the top of the room. Please don't tell my son. Thank you.)

And in this mythical train room, folded over the back of a cozy chair, you'd find this cool blanket.
It's from a Pullman sleeping car!

I totally have a movie-like image of men dressed in suits and women in pearls taking a trip, eating and sleeping aboard a train in the heyday of rail travel. 

That's the era these blankets belong to! 
It's stuff like this that takes a room from catalog-designed to uniquely personal. They are conversation pieces, and they are a way to pass on some history to the next generation. 
So someone please buy this cool blanket and do up an awesome vintage train room.  Again, thank you.

5. Last, here's a gal after my own heart. Cute side table, all painted and ready to go. Would make a great addition to a living room near you! $80


This winter weather and ridiculously cold temperatures have me dreaming of yard sale weather….

Just saying.

:-)
Anne







1 comment:

  1. Nice blog.
    Buy My House is part of an established and respected UK Property company which is has been buying house for more than 18 years.

    ReplyDelete