Friday, January 17, 2014

What I'd Buy on Craigslist this Week

Hi friends!

I was supposed to deliver some long overdue furniture this week. 
 (it's not photographing very well but the hardware is purple)
 So, the cute desk with the purple hardware is still in my basement much to my - and my husband's - chagrin because Mother Nature and my schedule are conspiring against me. (snow outside as I write this) Sigh.

I've run 27 miles on the treadmill at the gym in the last two weeks because running and painting furniture are my two quickest paths to sanity. 
Especially in January.  
(Napping is a close third)
So, here's my picks to help keep you sane this week! :-)

1. I'll start off with the biggest ticket item. It's $350. But before you pass, take a look at what you get for the money. A LOT.





The rugs are not included (fine with me) but check out this lot. Tall dresser, short dresser with mirror, headboard, footboard, and two matching end tables.  This is like the holy grail of Craigslist furniture.
Amazing! If you need bedroom furniture for a girl, this is it buddy. RUN.

Think you're not a fan of French Provinicial?  Think again.

Forget all the white sets (I'm not even putting a picture in here because you know what they look like anyway).  And take a step or four out of your comfort zone with fantastic options like these:













Must. Stop. But you get the idea.


2. I love this. I just can't help myself. He's baaaack! Remember our good friend, Mr. Chester Drawer
Every once in a while Mr. Drawer pops up here on Craigslist.  No, you can't make this stuff up. :-)

But besides his name, this guy boasts some cool hardware.  

Think it looks too dated to be awesome? Like this guy?

Nope.

Our Chester doesn't come with the hardware on the edges, but that's no biggie because you can easily buy some and wa-la. 
(The seller is asking $75 for the dresser.)

And you can have an awesome campaign dresser for under $100.
I vote yes!

3. You know how I feel about benches. There's almost no space that can't benefit from a cute one. 

This fits the bill perfectly. For $30 you can't beat it! Enough said.

4. Another thing you know I love - settees (and I think love seats are close enough so we're just going to go with it.) The lines on this are great!


How about a wide stripe on it?
(I can't find a source for this pic)



Just do it!

5. Last but not least, something I don't see a lot of  - a pair of matching nightstands for a super reasonable price… $30.

They aren't sexy, but man, if you buy them new, they'd cost you an arm and a leg. Using smaller pieces like these to get a dose of color into a room is very low commitment.

I love this yellow.

This green one.

And these in aqua.

Now go forth and get something fabulous! 
As always, if you buy from someone you don't know, be smart. Take a friend. All that good stuff… 

How are you surviving January?

XO,
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment